Monday, 26 October 2015

Thing 14 - Augmented Reality



Like many things on this course I had never heard of augmented reality before. The description of its uses in Thing 14 sounded so exciting and relevant to me working in the pubic library area.  I downloaded the Aurasma app and for the past two days have been trying to figure out how it works.  I think this is something that I will have to come back to after a bit more research. 

Running something with augmented reality would be a first for our branch but I wonder would it be just a fad and also if it would alienate those who don't have access to the technology or like me are a bit confused by the whole thing!



2 comments:

  1. You make a good point. In the rush yo embrace technology, are we in danger of alienating those who are less tech saavy? #rudai23

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a good point. In the rush yo embrace technology, are we in danger of alienating those who are less tech saavy? #rudai23

    ReplyDelete