The Western Regional Section of the Library Association of Ireland held their Annual Seminar in Gort this summer, it was a great day. I am new to the library service so listening to these dynamic women was inspiring. In the midst of it all we had a talk from Paul McEvory about the merits of the Google Chromebook. Well it sounded amazing. It costs half the price of an ordinary laptop, its run on Google so no operating system to slow things down and no virus meltdown worries. Was it too good to be true? With study for the MA looming and broadband installed I purchased a Chromebook. Oh the joy! It is brilliant.
Learning more about Google for Thing 4 has only made my purchase of the Chromebook even more relevant. I had never heard of Google+ or Hangouts before, with layers and communities its a bit strange and I'm still unsure of my privacy settings but if I figured out Google Drive and Google Play I will get the gist of this too! Niamh and Stephanie were very good to have Hangout chats with me but I still have to arrange a video chat.
Not wanting to sound like a total dinosaur but realising that all of this is available to me on Google has been a real eye-opener. I too am a fan.
Glad to hear your Chromebook is working out so well. I was wondering about getting one myself after Paul's talk, he was so enthusiastic about them. You can use it to watch the #rudai23 hangouts session this Sunday 23 August at 8.30pm.
ReplyDelete