Monday, 24 August 2015

Thing 5 - Online Networks



Having been on Facebook since 2008 and using it for both fun and for business I am happy with my knowledge of how it works.  The business side of Facebook is a bit restricted.  I have a Mutts on the Move Facebook page which can be left to wallow if I don't keep adding regular photo's and updates. 

Twitter is a whole different way of doing things.  I opened up an account recently and figured out how to follow people but was very unsure about sending tweets.  My first ever tweet was to John Creedon on his Radio1 show, and he replied!  I was thrilled and it gave me great encouragement.  I am still a bit nervous of Twitter but delighted to be learning more about how it works.  In many ways I could even prefer it to Facebook. Yesterday evening while watching the Rudai 23 Live Hangout and being able to send a tweet felt very modern indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment