Friday, 23 October 2015

Thing 13 - Professional Organisations




After attending my first conference organised by the Library Association of Ireland earlier this year and being all enthusiastic after listening to all of the speakers I decided to sign up.  First of all I tried to register online but that facility wasn't working so I printed out the form and sent it off by snail mail. Unfortunately I had attempted to pay the membership fee online so instead of taking 60 it took 180 from my visa card.  The only contact I have ever had from the LAI was to arrange a refund of 120, I never received a receipt, a membership card, an email or any acknowledgement that I was a paid up member...very disappointing.  Is this the same for everybody? 
 
Since starting the MLIS I have been allowed to join CILIP in the UK for free!  I was able to register online with no problems, its early days but I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with CILIP. Keep us posted! #Rudai23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Within a week of applying to CILIP I received an introduction pack in the post with a membership card and every week they send me an email update....and all for free as I'm classed as a student!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with CILIP. Keep us posted! #Rudai23

    ReplyDelete